Braemar Lodge Hotel: Fire breaks out near Aberdeenshire Hotel


A major fire has spread to an Aberdeenshire hotel after breaking out in a nearby shed on Wednesday morning.

Six fire engines had been called to tackle the fire at the Braemar Lodge Hotel in Braemar since 7.30am.

The occupants of the hotel were evacuated and no one was injured.

The fire is believed to have spread from a shed on Glenshee Road, close to the hotel.

Onlookers said it appeared the roof of the building had collapsed, with flames visible throughout the hotel.

A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: ‘We were alerted at 7.37am on Wednesday March 16 to reports of a shed on fire in Glenshee Road, Braemar, Ballater.

“Operations Control mobilized six fire apparatus, a height vehicle and a water carrier to the scene where the fire affected a nearby commercial building.

“Firefighters are still at the scene and no casualties have been reported at this time.”

The A93 Glenshee road has been closed at Braemar and local diversions are in place, Police Scotland have confirmed.

A statement added: “Emergency services are present following a fire at a hotel in Glenshee Road in Braemar which was reported at around 7.50am on Wednesday March 16, 2022.

“The occupants of the hotel were evacuated and no one was injured.

West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine MP Andrew Bowie thanked the emergency services for their response.

He said: “Shocked to hear of an explosion at Braemar Lodge this morning. Many thanks to @fire_scot and @Scotambservice who are on the scene thinking of everyone affected.”


Comments are closed.